Stephen (Gara) Antal & Mary Ann Kisvardai
- Mary Ellen Antal (1/5/26)
- Steven & Delores Belle Antal (12/11/26) (11/12/29)
- Richard & Liz Antal (_______) (______)
- Wilma & Dick Richards (1/7/30) (_______)
- Barbara Ann and Sam Stier (4/18/33) (_______)
- Joan May and Lloyd Edward Pritchard (2/24/35) (6/23/33)
- Yvonne Jude and Wilbur Eugene Wiley (6/16/36) (1/2/35)
- Betty Jo and George Beshire (9/5/37) (11/5/32)
- Arlene Gayle and Howard W. (Ozzie) Babbs (5/30/40) (_______)
- Carol Lee and Neil Gordon Sylvester (6/2/42) (1/20/40)
- Robert John and Linda ______ Antal (11/30/43) (_______)
Here are some details on Stephen Gara Antal:
- He came over to the United States with his mother through Ellis Island.
- His original last name was Gara and he was adopted when he was 3.
- Was part of the dustbowl experience in Texas.
- He worked on the furnaces at Permold and was a sharecropper previously.
- He was a card player – would play poker on payday
- They would go to Vegas and he was willing to “bet the car” if he had a good hand. (word is that Mary always made sure to have enough money squirreled away to get them home on the bus if necessary)
- Lived in various locations including: Sharon (Ridgewood); Chippewa Road just west of the 4 corners in Chippewa Lake; Lafayette; Chippewa (across from Chippewa Park); final home in Chippewa Lake
Here are some details on Mary Antal:
- She worked at Firestone in the shoe department. Walked from the farm to Copley and then caught the bus to Firestone.
- Then she worked for Henry Furnace in the tin shop (used metal bender making fittings.) Worked until she was 68.
- Used to give her grandkids coffee with milk and sugar in it and then they could dip ‘nilla wafers in it.
- She wouldn’t play cards because the boys made too much noise.
- She liked to take walks.
- She was the primary childcare person.
- She welcomed others.
Pictures of various Antal and Kisvardai relatives and gatherings are HERE
NOTE: this website began in 2017 so more content will be added as time (and materials) allow. If you have thoughts on additions/alterations, please send those to longmemories2 @gmail.com or call Steve at 513.685.3456.
NOTE: Items in RED color above still need verification and/or information
Website designed, organized and shared by Long Memories, LLC